Tuesday 22 October 2013

Bookish Calendar: October

I had the idea for this post a few days ago. It's kind of like a Book of the Month thing, but instead of being the best book I've read that month, this is the book that I feel represents/ epitomizes/ any other fancy word you can come up with, the month in question.


For this month (October, in case you need reminding), I've picked The Book Thief. I found this on holiday a few years ago, and I absolutely loved it. I don't know why, but it just seems like it should be read in October to me. I mean, it should be read any time, because it's an amazing book, but it feels very October-y. Even the cover makes it look like the kind of thing you should read in front of the fire, with clouds and rain and falling leaves outside, and Halloween. (Slightly off topic, but I am SO excited for Halloween!)

In other news, which isn't really related to anything, Allegiant just came in the post! It was only released today, and I've only just started it, but it is SO GOOD (cue irritating girly squeals and me driving my roommate mad in my excitement)!

No comments:

Post a Comment