Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Time of the YA Novel-Movie is Here...

Has anyone noticed the amount of YA books being made into films at the moment? Don't get me wrong, I love it, there's just so many. And this may be kind of weird of me, but I hate it when people have never heard of the book, and they go see the film and then tell you to go see it, and it's like DUH. That happened with The Great Gatsby; everyone was raving about it, and maybe five people in my entire year could tell you it was written by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It annoys me because these people didn't give a damn about the story/ author/ etc. when it was just a book, but when it's a film, and it's shoved right in their faces, then they'll go crazy about it. And yeah, maybe the number of people in my year who know that F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote The Great Gatsby has increased to ten or eleven, but I don't think the author gets enough credit for coming up with the story and characters and everything to begin with.
Having said that, and annoying illiterate teenagers aside, I am really excited about all the movies in production/ coming out soon. Here's a list of the ones I am going to be camping out at the cinema for, in order of release date;

 How I Live Now (Meg Rosoff)
I know this has been out for a while now, but I have yet to see it (I was at school, and busy with stuff). I read the book about six years ago, but I really loved it. I thought her other books were a bit odd, but this I ADORED. So many movie adaptations of books try to be exactly the same, but I really like how they've changed the time period and the war- it looks good and original, not just a line-for-line copy of the novel.


Catching Fire (Suzanne Collins)
 I'm so excited for this release. I walked post a poster for this the other day with my friend, and we both freaked out. When I get excited I tend to splutter. Imagine trying to speak Swahili with a stutter. That is me. The books are amazing, the first film was amazing, and how cool is Jennifer Lawrence?!

Divergent (Veronica Roth)
Freaking out all over again. I finished Allegiant the other day (review below) and OH HOLY COW. Fellow Allegiant-finishers, you know what I mean. These books are SO GOOD, and yeah, Shailene Woodley. I want to be her. I keep seeing preview-y things on tumblr, and it looks amazing.

The Fault In Our Stars (John Green)
Do I even need to say anything? Just go see it. 
If I Stay (Gayle Forman)
I read this, and Where She Went the other day, and I really loved them. This book kept me up till one in the morning. I only found out it's being made into a film a few days ago, but I'm really excited. Chloe Moretz (how do you spell her last name?) is Mia, and I can't remember the guy playing Adam's name, but he looks good, too. Filming started today.



Has anyone seen these? What did you think (please no spoilers)? Are there any other films you're excited about? And also, happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment